How to connect internet from mobile to PC by USB cable
Connecting internet from your Android phone to PC can be a tedious task if your PC doesn’t support Wifi. Here we will be explaining, how to connect the internet from mobile to PC by USB cable. The process of sharing the internet from mobile via data cable is known as ‘USB Tethering’. First of all, make sure you are having working internet connectivity on your smartphone. Limited internet usage plan may lead to high billings. Nowadays, most of the operators provide plans based on volume.
Check the internet is working fine on your smartphone’s browser. Look for connectivity icons at top right of status bar on the screen. If it’s not working, you need to contact your operator’s customer support. They will guide you in configuring or activating the internet over your phone.
How should I start,
1. Check whether your Android smartphone is connected to the internet, you can look for icon at the top of status bar. The icon may vary from ‘LTE’ for 4G, ‘H’ for 3G and E for 2G networks.
2. Go to ‘Settings’ of your phone, find ‘More’ under ‘Wireless networks’. It may differ in other versions of Android OS or different brands.
3. Select ‘Tethering & mobile hotspot’, here you will find ‘USB tethering’ option disabled.
4. Just plug in your USB data cable to smartphone and to your PC’s USB slot.
5. You will notice ‘USB tethering’ option is now alive, just tick it to make connection active.
6. Now you can check on your PC, network icon is active on PC right at the bottom.
You are ready to surf the internet from mobile now. Open your browser on PC, you can use either Chrome, Mozilla firefox, IE, Opera or Safari. If you are experiencing slow surfing speed you can consider stopping background data on your smartphone.