How to install or try Ubuntu linux OS through usb disk
If you are bored with Microsoft Windows and want to try some different flavour of OS, you can give a try to Ubuntu linux OS through usb disk, coming in different variants. Ubuntu is one of major OS which is available for desktops, laptops, and servers. One of the biggest advantages of Ubuntu OS is that you don’t need to pay any money for licensing fee, it’s completely free to use. Ubuntu is free from viruses and less vulnerable as compared to Windows. If you wish to give a try to Ubuntu OS, you can do same just by inserting Ubuntu Live CD or pen drive. Here are the steps involved.
1. First of all, you need to have ISO image of Ubuntu OS, just head on to Ubuntu website and download ubuntu iso image file from http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop. Make sure to verify size and content of downloaded ISO file. Correct size of image makes sure you don’t miss any file while writing pen drive.
2. Next step involves downloading ‘USB Universal installer‘. Install USB Universal Installer on your system. Now insert blank USB disk with at least 2 GB of space. Please note that this process erases all data on USB disk, so make sure to save everything before you proceed.
3. Open ‘USB Universal Installer’ and select ‘Ubuntu’ from the dropdown menu. Select your downloaded ubuntu iso image through Browse button. Than, select your USB disk from options. Be careful while selecting right drive letter and disk.
4. Click on create to start writing process which will copy ubuntu files to USB disk and make it bootable. wait for the process to complete.
5. Finally, boot your PC through USB disk, you might need to change boot sequence through BIOS as per computer environment.
6. Pick ‘Try Ubuntu without installing’ to proceed without performing an installation.