Redmi Note 4 vs Moto G5 plus, full specs and comparison.
If you are thinking to buy a new smartphone between Rs 9000 to Rs 16000 but confused between Redmi Note 4 or Moto G5 Plus. We will help you in same and compare features of both phones. Redmi Note 4 and Moto G5 Plus, both brings almost same features in its segment Snapdragon 625 Processor, fingerprint sensor and screen resolution. Let’s check out the comparison between Redmi Note 4 vs Moto G5 Plus below.
Build and Display Quality
- Moto G5 Plus comes with 5.2 inch full metallic body, One of the first new Moto G phones made from high-grade aluminium. It has height: 150.2 mm and width: 74.0 mm with a depth: 7.7 mm to 9.7 mm. Moto G5 Plus boasts full HD 1080p (1920 x 1080) 424 PPI display protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. It also has an added advantage of protection having water repellent coating which is absent in Redmi Note 4.
- Redmi Note 4 comes with a stunning new look with 2.5D curved glass and slimmer, tapered edges. Complete with a bevelled frame and glossy separation lines. The gentle 2.5D curves soften the edges of the Redmi Note 4 display, adding to the clean, minimal aesthetic. Made of anodised aluminium in a premium high-gloss CNC finish, the elegant separation lines adds beauty to Redmi Note 4. It is also slimmer than Moto G5 Plus. Redmi Note 4 has a display of 5.5 inches slightly larger than Moto G4 Plus with the same resolution.
Operating System and UI
- Moto G series, known for its stock android experience, doesn’t disappoint stock OS lovers and brings same experience over Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box. Though basic apps for flash and camera control are preloaded. Stock OS has an added advantage over custom skins of other manufacturers. It also keeps RAM management smooth and enhances device performance. You may need third party apps according to your interest for enhancements like security, cleaner, file manager etc.
- Redmi Note 4 on the other hand, has custom UI skin called MIUI 8 based on Android marshmallow 6.0. Meanwhile, Android 7.0 is in pipeline for users which will be available to all in short span of time. Note 4 packs lot of usable apps in MIUI which has the custom launcher and display experience. It is also loaded with Dual apps and Second Space, allowing a user to use multi-account on the single device. It is a real advantage over stock UI to manage both your personal and professional environment. MIUI also brings custom wallpapers, themes to users over Redmi Note 4 which is common over MI smartphones. Note 4 also include MI account to manage and administer your android device, also allows you to take backup of your contacts, messages and content over the cloud storage. Redmi Note 4 also packs security, cleaner, file manager, music, video apps to seamlessly enjoy multimedia experience.
Camera and video recording experience
- The 12 MP rear camera in Moto G5 Plus with dual Autofocus Pixels, focuses 60% faster. You can also switch to the wide-angle front camera for group selfies. It has 1.7 aperture with colour balancing dual LED flash. 8X digital zoom for photos and 4X zoom for videos. Autofocus and quick capture allows you to shoot faster and precisely which is a bit slower in Redmi note 4. You can tap anywhere to capture photos. Moto G5 also packs Professional Mode for manual adjustments for better images.
- Burst mode, Auto HDR, Panorama, Video stabilisation are some best features which make Moto G5 stand apart from Note 4 in the photography section. Videos are recorded at 1080p HD (30 fps) and also have an option of slow motion video. The front camera is 5 MP pixel with wide angle lens and 2.2 aperture with display flash in which screens flashes to simulate led flash. Beautification mode is also available for selfie enhancement.
- Redmi Note 4 has Backside illumination (BSI) technology for capturing photos, With 1.12μm pixels and Ultra-fast 0.1s PDAF technology, Note 4 takes comfortable pictures in daylight. f/2.0 aperture and 5-piece lens make it able to record 720p 120fps slow-motion videos.
It has got a 5MP front camera with 2.0 aperture to take selfies with Smart and Pro Beautify features which enhance facial tones. Face recognition and 1080p full HD video recording is available on Redmi Note 4.It struggles to autofocus and takes some time, while in manual focus mode, a lot of patience and calculation is required to have desired results. Colour re-production is quite comfortable in normal daylight but it fails to capture results in low light environment.
Battery and charging time
- Moto G5 Play, claims to have an all-day battery with 3000 mAh. Charges up fast and get up to 6 hours of battery life in just 15 minutes. 15W TurboPower charger is available for up to 6 hours of power in 15 minutes of charging. 3000 mAh is quite low in terms of heavy usage or gaming. But with turbo-charging, you can overcome this issue.
- In Redmi Note 4, lithium-ion polymer battery of 4100mAh with 5V/2A charging is available which gives enough juice for whole day heavy usage including surfing and gaming. Here, Redmi Note 4 perfectly rules over Moto G5 Plus.
RAM and storage up gradation
- Moto G5 Play comes in two models, 16 GB & 3 GB RAM / 32 GB & 4 GB RAM, up to 128 GB microSD Card support.
- Redmi Note 4 is available in 3 combinations of 2GB + 32GB, 3GB + 32GB, 4GB + 64GB up to 128 GB microSD Card support.
Variants and Colours availability
- Moto G5 Play available in Lunar Gray or Fine Gold
- Redmi Note 4 is available in special Black, Gold, Dark grey
Cost factor and availability
- One thing that makes both smartphones differ is their different price factor. Redmi Note 4, 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage model available at Rs 12999. While, Moto G5, 4 GB RAM and 32 storage is only available and will cost you Rs 16,999.
- Redmi Note 4, 3 GB RAM and 32 GB storage model available at Rs 10,999 and offering you another cheaper version of 2 GB RAM and 32 storage at Rs 9,999
- Availability factor of both these phones also matters a lot, as Redmi Note 4 is right now available through flash sales on every Wednesday, but slowly expanding offline retail sales in major cities. Moto G5 Play can be grabbed directly from online channel allowing you to buy easily.
If you want to save extra bucks, and looking for value for money, Redmi Note 4 stands out as a strong contender. Due to availability in three different variants, it fits in everyone one’s hand. Strong battery backup and slim metallic design make it stand apart from Moto G5 Plus. Flash sales and low availability of Note 4 may make you depressed to get your hands on. But expansion in offline retail sales model of Note 4 will reduce this factor. Redmi Note 4 slightly hurts photography experience as the camera on Note 4, couldn’t perform well in low light conditions. You can also use various apps supporting 360 Photosphere, allowing you to take Google Street view style photographs.
If you are in love with stock Android experience and looking for a better photography experience, you can choose Moto G5 plus. Though you need to shell out extra bucks for a 32 GB variant. Build quality of Moto phones will be an important factor here as earlier model G4 failed to impress with its build quality and had some major issues with display and camera lens, reported over social site. Moto really needs to improve its quality and after sales support to hold its position in smartphone market as it directly competes with its parent company Lenovo.
Share your views below if you own Moto G5 or Redmi Note 4