Reliance Jio again going to shake entire telecom market with its much-rumoured feature phone. This time it may not be with crazy 4G tariffs but with the launch of feature phone which could be priced around Rs 500 or Rs 1500 as per rumours. It’s in buzz that Reliance Jio will bring basic feature phone with bundled Jio’s app and services. It will be brought under its brand name LYF.
Recent leak by website TECHPP, suggests it will be a candy bar phone with 2.4 color inch display. It contains a dedicated key for torchlight and dual language support at bottom. It will feature 512 RAM and 4 GB storage with support to 4G VoLTE only networks. Reliance Jio feature phone might be running on Spreadtrum processor and packed with 2 MP rear and VGA camera in front.
Feature phone will have dedicated support to Jio TV, Jio Cinema and video streaming. The phone appears to be running on a customized version of Firefox OS called KAI OS. The phone will also contain an app store called Jio Store for installing apps same as Google Play store. We can hope it will support apps like Whatsapp and Facebook.
Reliance Jio Lyf 4G feature phone specifications
- Screen size: 2.4-inch
- Form factor: Bar with T9 keypad and 4-way Navkey
- Connectivity : Cat 4 LTE Band 3,5,40
- OS: KAI OS
- RAM: 512 MB
- Flash: 4GB
- SD Card: 128 GB
- SIM: Dual SIM (mini SIM + nano SIM)
- Front Camera: VGA
- Rear Camera: 2MP
- Battery: Li-ion 3.7V 2000 mAh
- Bluetooth: 4.1 + BLE
- FM Radio: Integrated
- Audio: 2030 or equivalent loud mono speaker
- USB Tethering support (App specific)
- MTP Support for data transfer
- Wi-Fi Support for VoWiFi and data offload (No Wi-Fi tethering/HotSpot)
- GPS Support
- MIMO (Dual antenna for receiver diversity)
- PIMS and standard apps (Contacts, Messages, Setting, Camera, Photos, Music, Calendar, FM, Browser, Video, File Manager, Notes, Calculator, Clock, Games etc.)
- FOTA and Subsidy Lock
- VoLTE and Video Calling
- VoWiFi Support
- HTML5 platform support with Audio/Video tags to run Jio HTML5 apps and popular third-party HTML5 apps.
- Platform adaptation for Native Services integration with HTML5
- Indian regional language support (14 scripts with 22 Indian official languages)
- SAR value: 1.215W/kg